symmetric vs. asymmetric [was: Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality]

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Mar 7 04:35:36 UTC 2015

The download/upload in our residential/business eyeball network has been
trending a 95th-percentile based ratio of 9:1.  If I look at a higher-ed
customer of ours who has symmetric service and has a young demographic the
average ratio is 11:1 and the peak ratio 8.8:1.  So despite access to
symmetric speeds, they're not showing a distinctively heavier symmetricity.

Frank