Optic Vendor Coding Question

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Thu Mar 5 16:36:41 UTC 2015

*nods* I may end up doing that. I was ordering new ones from China (6COM and Gigalight) and they asked me if I needed any particular vendor coding. Thus far people that have used all of the various pieces involved (Mikrotik, Dell, generic Intel) said they should be fine with non-coded optics.

BTW Keefe: Do any of you "north side" guys have a link into Cermak? Offlist is fine.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com