optical gear cooling requirements

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Wed Mar 4 21:37:58 UTC 2015

I remember that there was an Ascend DSLAM built on the same chassis and it was collocated by someone into Ameritech central offices.  Ameritech shut them all down saying that there was no way, no how that the device could be NEBS compliant.  I don't know how that fight ever turned out, they were not ours.  Side to side airflow is really bad news.  Even with vertical you could at least mount some kind of baffles and lose a few Us. With side to side it is really hard to find a way to redirect air with the flanges in the way.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL