Symmetry, DSL, and all that

Fletcher Kittredge fkittred at gwi.net
Mon Mar 2 19:41:30 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Mike Hammett <nanog at ics-il.net> wrote:

> The most important point is yes, that no one cares. If people wanted it,
> it would be sold to them. End. of. story.

I will repeat myself, speaking very slowly. Please see original message for
citations.

Verizon has eight million FIOS customers. As of last year, Verizon decided
it was worth it to supply all of those customers with symmetric speeds. So,
by your reasoning, people wanted it, so it was sold to them.

Verizon is only one of many fiber-based ISPs selling symmetric speeds.