Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Sun Mar 1 16:19:16 UTC 2015

Michael,

Then you understand that having the upstreams and downstreams use the same
frequencies, especially in a flexible manner, would require completely
redesigning every diplex filter, amplifier, fiber node, and tap filters in
the plant.  At the same time we'd have to replace all of the modems, set
top boxes, TV tuners embedded in TV sets, CableCards, and CMTS blades.

We'd also have to change the protocol in significant ways.  Deal with many
more, and more complicated, ingress and egress problems.  We'd also create
FEX and NEX problems that we don't have today.