Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Sun Mar 1 14:10:06 UTC 2015

Aled Morris wrote:

> Sadly we don't have many "killer applications" for symmetric residential
> bandwidth, but that's likely because we don't have the infrastructure to
> incubate these applications.

Come to think of it, if USENET software wasn't so cumbersome, I kind of
wonder if today's "social network" would consist of home servers running
NNTP - and I expect the traffic would be very symmetric. (For that
matter, with a few tweaks, the USENET model would be great for
"groupware" - anybody remember the Netscape communications server that
added private newsgroups and authentication to the mix?)

Miles Fidelman