Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Sun Mar 1 10:08:04 UTC 2015

On 02/28/2015 07:55 PM, Barry Shein wrote:
> And given lousy upload speeds the opportunities to develop for example
> backup services in a world of terabyte disks is limited. At 1mb/s it
> takes approx 100,000 seconds to upload 1TB, that's roughly one week,
> blue sky.

If that terabyte drive holds little files and the backup program uses
incremental backup, a slow upload rate shouldn't be all that painful.
Video editors need to look at local-network solutions for their backup,
at least until upload rates increase by a factor of 10 or better.

It just hit me:  when one has just a hammer in his toolbox everything
starts to look like nails.  Network-based storage could just be one of
those.