Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Jack Bates jbates at paradoxnetworks.net
Sun Mar 1 01:33:00 UTC 2015

On 2/28/2015 7:24 PM, Stephen Satchell wrote:
> How did I know about the DNS server manipulation?  I worked for a Web
> hosting company with about 3,000 domains being served.  Whenever the
> company renumbered (until it finally got its own IP allocation in order
> to multi-home) we would have to service the old addresses and new
> addresses for a week.  When the cable DNS servers finally aged out the
> old addresses, we could shut down the old ones.  Royal admin pain in the
> neck.

Actually, until Windows 98 finally died (perhaps ME?), I always did at
least a week as windows 98 did not expire its local cache. Things were
usually good after a week because windows 98 boxes tended to crash by
then. I still allow several days for moves between servers, though.
Never know what people are doing that they shouldn't.:)

Jack