Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Sun Mar 1 00:42:54 UTC 2015

On Feb 28, 2015, at 4:37 PM, Jack Bates <jbates at paradoxnetworks.net> wrote:

> The question is, if YOU paid for the fiber to be run to their ped, would they hook you up?

No.  But that's because they are using the fibre pedestals to deliver a high bandwidth DSL service.  The condo customers still get DSLon copper, but because the copper pipe is so short they can crank a hell of a lot of bps over it.  Enough to deliver HDTV, at whatever compression rate they use to their set top boxes.  It's way more then the 5 Mb/s up/down (S)DSL I would be quite happy with :-)

--lyndon