Quanta LB4M

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Sun Jun 28 19:24:38 UTC 2015

*nods* I'm surprised that I missed that announcement until this morning. Given the love\hate I have with UBNT, I may end up getting them... and then hating myself for it.

Those in the WISP business will understand. For those not in the WISP business, case of vendor doesn't listen on a regular enough basis. I have some of their products and love them to death. The others I beat over their heads with the issues. Wait, that gave me an idea for the next time I see them...

Last February at the spring WISPA show, I gave several vendors an SFP. I've been requesting SFP cage on many products for many years (sometimes multiple generations of product) only to largely be ignored. I concluded that their engineering teams must not know what SFPs are and thus gave one to each of them to take back to their engineering teams so they could figure out how to make it happen.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com