Re: World's Fastest Internet™ in Canadaland

Irwin, Kevin Kevin.Irwin at cinbell.com
Sat Jun 27 23:36:45 UTC 2015

Based on our 1Gbps residential customers usage, I believe you just sit at home and run speedtest all day.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 26, 2015, at 2:41 PM, Rafael Possamai <rafael at gav.ufsc.br> wrote:
>
> How does one fully utilize a gigabit link for home use? For a single person
> it is overkill. Similar to the concept of price elasticity in economics,
> going from 50mbps to 1gbps doesn't necessarily increase your average
> transfer rate, at least I don't think it would for me. Anyone care to
> comment? Just really curious, as to me it's more of a marketing push than
> anything else, even though gigabit to the home sounds really cool.
>

>> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Eric Dugas <EDugas at zerofail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Nice try Bell.. So-Net did it two years ago, 2Gbps FTTH in Japan.
>>
>> Article: http://bgr.com/2013/06/13/so-net-nuro-2gbps-fiber-service/
>>
>> If you read Japanese: http://www.nuro.jp/hikari/
>>
>> Eric

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this document.