Re: Re: World's Fastest Internet™ in Canadaland

Rafael Possamai rafael at gav.ufsc.br
Fri Jun 26 22:20:43 UTC 2015

Good points. But just like I won't take more than one shower at a time, I
probably won't watch more than one Netflix stream session at a time
(assuming that for myself only). Downloading a large ISO image in seconds
is definitely a plus, although at the office I never reach a steady 120MB/s
from some Linux mirror out there. I've recently created a Debian mirror and
the 1500GB or so of data came at an average speed of 270mbps using a 1gbps
datacenter link.

I think it will still be a while until we can saturate a 1gbps link inside
the average home. While there are people working hard to deliver 1gbps
FTTH, there are others working equally as hard in developing video
compression algorithms to utilize less bandwidth on the content provider
side.

Not arguing against it, I'm just throwing gas at the fire to see what
different perspectives come out.