Re: World's Fastest Internet™ in Canadaland

Clayton Zekelman clayton at MNSi.Net
Fri Jun 26 21:12:25 UTC 2015

We recently had to pull some year over year statistics on consumption
for a regulatory filing.

In 2009, our average customer used 11G of data.  This year it is
85G.   In 5 years it could be 400G or more.

What's worse is, OTT video means that consumption is more than likely
going to be at peak hours, driving capacity issues.

The average multi device household streaming HD video and gaming, and
whatever else comes along will drive usage.

I honestly don't care what people do with their Internet
connection.  I just know that I need to find ways to deliver more,
because they're going to want it - even if they don't need it.

At 05:01 PM 26/06/2015, Mike Hammett wrote:
>Some of those are why would one EVER need more than X, while others
>are why would one NOW need more than X. Big difference. Simple fact
>that there is no residential application that needs more than even
>50 megabit much less 10,000 megabit.
>

>-----
>Mike Hammett
>Intelligent Computing Solutions