Re: World's Fastest Internet™ in Canadaland

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Fri Jun 26 19:01:01 UTC 2015

On Fri, 26 Jun 2015, Rafael Possamai wrote:

> How does one fully utilize a gigabit link for home use? For a single person
> it is overkill. Similar to the concept of price elasticity in economics,
> going from 50mbps to 1gbps doesn't necessarily increase your average
> transfer rate, at least I don't think it would for me.

Why would you use average transfer rate as the metric for user experience
quality?

Most users don't care about their long term bandwidth average, they care
about getting that movie playing _right_now_, or HD video calls with all
the grandchildren, all at once.  Heck, they care more about web pages
showing up on the screen nice and fast more than average download speed.

--
Brandon Ross                                      Yahoo & AIM:  BrandonNRoss
+1-404-635-6667                                                ICQ:  2269442