REMINDER: LEAP SECOND

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Wed Jun 24 19:44:35 UTC 2015

That won't work. Being internally sync'ed isn't good enough for FINRA. All the machines must be synced to an external accurate source at least once per trading day.

Our plan is to disable our two stratum 1 servers, and our 3 stratum 2 servers before the leap second turnover, but to be 100% safe we would need to do that 24 hours before, but that would be a violation of FINRA regulations.

It looks like the safest thing for us to do is to keep our NTP servers running and deal with any crashes/issues. That's better than having to deal with FINRA.

----
Matthew Huff             | 1 Manhattanville Rd
Director of Operations   | Purchase, NY 10577
OTA Management LLC       | Phone: 914-460-4039