REMINDER: LEAP SECOND

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Wed Jun 24 19:07:19 UTC 2015

* Matthew Huff

> Does anyone know what the latest that we can run our NTP servers and
> not distribute the LEAP_SECOND flag to the NTP clients?

From http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/NTPRelatedDefinitions:

  Leap Indicator

    This is a two-bit code warning of an impending leap second to be
    inserted in the NTP timescale. The bits are set before 23:59 on the
    day of insertion and reset after 00:00 on the following day. This
    causes the number of seconds (rollover interval) in the day of
    insertion to be increased or decreased by one.

So the answer to your question is, AIUI, 2015-06-29 23:59:59.

Tore