Whats' a good product for a high-density Wireless network setup?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Sat Jun 20 17:51:19 UTC 2015

On 20 Jun 2015, at 9:37, Sina Owolabi wrote:

> I'd be grateful for any information on how to calculate for large
> scale
> wifi deployment
[snip]

While it is vendor specific (and therefore subject to certain biases)
I’ve found the Aruba VRD (Validated Reference Design) documentation
fairly clear and applicable to many high-density environments.  It
covers theory, planning, and engineering.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Very-High-Density-802-11ac-Networks-Validated-Reference-Design/ta-p/230891

I’m certain that Cisco, Xirrus, Ruckus, Ubiquiti, Areohive, etc. also
have papers on the topic that (hopefully) have the same basic theory
concepts applied to their specific configuration syntax and special
sauces.  I’ve had good experiences with Aruba with high-density
auditorium usage on several occasions, though I tend to turn off some of
the proprietary features to keep things simple.

There are also some less-formal slide decks on the same topic from Aruba
that are a bit redundant but more conversational:

http://www.wlanpros.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Ultra-High-Density-WLAN-Design-Deployment-Chuck-Lukaszewski.pdf
http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/tkb@tkb/86/3/2012%20AH%20Vegas%20-%20WLAN%20Design%20for%20High%20Density.pdf

JT