Whats' a good product for a high-density Wireless network setup?

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Sun Jun 21 09:17:58 UTC 2015

On 06/20/2015 11:56 PM, Mike Lyon wrote:
> Waaay to many variables to answer the question. Each deployment is
> different and requires proper engineering and experience...

And a good description of the problem, too, as I learned the hard way
trying to work with the IT people for a Ruckus installation at a
convention hotel.  They just couldn't believe that 300 people could max
out their system when congregated into the main meeting room with two
(2) access points.  They had "Bill Gates Syndrome":  no group will ever
exceed 1000 devices.  (cf: "No one will ever need more than 640KB of DRAM")

Last year, the group AVERAGED four devices each.

The problem didn't abate when the group spread out throughout the hotel,
either.  Just the symptoms changed.