OPM Data Breach - Whitehouse Petition - Help Wanted

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Fri Jun 19 17:44:41 UTC 2015

Here is another great document, their Strategic IT Plan http://www.opm.gov/about-us/budget-performance/strategic-plans/strategic-it-plan.pdf.  I especially like this excerpt from Page 9.

Phase 3 – Assess (December 2014): We will baseline and begin routinely reporting against our performance outcomes:
• Compliance with laws, policies, and successful practices;
• User and stakeholder satisfaction with improved IT capabilities; and
• Cost per IT service or transaction.

No additional funding or manpower is required to implement these initiatives. Stronger IT leadership will result in cost avoidance and cost savings that will allow us to shift valuable, scarce resources to high priority programs.

I guess money is not the problem according to this.  I guess their "Stronger IT Leadership" is not strong enough.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL