Ghosts in our 6 New Ubiquity Pros - provision issues.

Bob Evans bob at FiberInternetCenter.com
Fri Jun 19 10:01:49 UTC 2015

Ubiquiti Networks UniFi UAP-PRO Enterprise WiFi System - hard to recommend
at this point. We saw people mention this brand here on the list - people
like them. So what could we have set incorrectly ? They drop link and
re-provision on their own at odd times day or night.

We have completed everything tech support asked of us. (Really, lame
emails they respond with as if they didn't read your text - they won't
call and you can't call them). We used POE from ciscos - then changed to
their POE provided. They didn't recommend it, but we plugged them all into
APC UPSes..... no difference. They all re-provision at different times
even when no one is connected or in the building at odd hours like 2am.
Each one does this 2-3 times per 24 hour period.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Anyone know what we may have set incorrectly ?
Is this normal - do people put up with the 2 mins the APs are unavailable
about 3 times a day? (UniFi support acts like it's not a big issues.)

We use the UniFi controller on mac os x. We use their EdgeMax Edge Router.
All the latest software in everything UniFi.

Thank You
Bob Evans