Anycast provider for SMTP?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 00:07:22 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>> "What about IPv6? We have a plan! We plan to be dead before customers
>> demand IPv6".
>> I am pretty sure the authors are still alive(?).
>
> and customer demand for ipv6 still holds strong, right?

Does seem to be on the uptick!

>> I have been using anycast at a small scale on mesh networks, for dns,
>> primarily. Works.
>
> dns is udp

No. In my case, at least, I have been exhaustively testing dnsmasq +
dnssec, which falls back to tcp a lot more often than it used to given
all the headaches edns0 was causing, and cloudflare gleefully coming
up with ever more innovative ways to dump weird stuff on the wire,
like signing a domain with a control-c (\003.domain.com).

Although 2.73 just (finally) shipped, I am still concerned about the
tcp fallback in the anycast scenario.

So I do kind of expect that there will be more tcp dns, and I think
tcp dns is something android falls back to a lot, still.

--
Dave Täht
What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?