Apple ECN, Bufferbloat, CoDel (fwd)

Jared Mauch jared at puck.Nether.net
Mon Jun 15 13:19:36 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 06:20:31PM +0200, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just want to bring to your attention the below talk (I am too lazy to
> re-write the whole email for this slightly different audience).
>
> Takeaway:
>
> We'll see a lot of ECN enabled traffic in a few months. This shouldn't be a
> problem. I've been doing it to all my machines for 3-5 years without ill
> effects.

	I recall when ECN first came out and firewalls would block it causing me
issues on my Linux boxes sending list mail out.  It was a small enough percentage
that I mostly ignored it, but this will cause trouble for people who still
haven't fixed their broken firewalls.

	I encourage almost everyone on nanog to watch this talk.

	- Jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net