AS4788 Telecom Malaysia major route leak?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Jun 15 07:40:16 UTC 2015

On 15/Jun/15 03:01, Randy Bush wrote:
> what i have yet to understand (probably my fault) is how L(3) propagated
> the disease or, more correctly, what has happened over there that they
> did not stop the propagation?  the crew that went there from mci ran a
> very tight ship and L(3) has always had pretty rigid filters.  what
> happened?  and i mean that in the sense of how can i not make a similar
> mistake?

Given that TM were leaking into 3549, one may infer that Level(3)'s
tight screws have not yet completely filtered down to the GBLX network
of old. Conjecture on my part...

It is no secret that Level(3)'s IRR client is broken, and as others have
mentioned before, it's reasonably common to give them a call and get the
spanner rammed over its head for the thing to work. Whether they are
using the same for the GBLX network, or if the GBLX network is the nasty
cousin we don't care about until he leaves the house, is an exercise
left to all of us.

Mark.