Setting Up a Looking Glass

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Jun 13 22:10:58 UTC 2015

>> Here's a relatively new and fresh perspective on it:
>> https://github.com/ramnode/LookingGlass
>> You can see it in action here:
>> http://lg.nyc.ramnode.com/
> looking glass without routing, indeed a new perspective :(

with a bit more coffee, perhaps i can expand a bit.

for widely distributed data plane probes (ping/traceroute/...), we have
good alternatives, nlring, ripe atlas, traceroute.org, etc.  as an op,
nlring is my fave of the month as i can go from question to result in
minimal typing and a matter of seconds.

'looking glass' has traditionally meant a control plane (routing) view.
this is a rarer beast, and setting one up is often a bit crude.

randy