Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Fri Jun 12 15:47:46 UTC 2015

Once upon a time, Todd Underwood <toddunder at gmail.com> said:
> lorenzo already stated that the cost was in user satisfaction related to
> tethering and the business reason was the desire to not implement NAT in v6
> on android.

So, just to roll back for a second, I hadn't really thought about what
was being discussed exactly.  This is about connecting an Android device
to wifi, right?  I didn't think you could have an Android device connect
to wifi _and_ tether at the same time; when I turn on the hotspot on my
phone, it disables wifi client mode (automatically disconnects from any
wifi AP) to enable AP mode.  I'm pretty sure that's the way all my
Android phones have worked.

Why is this an issue (i.e. what am I missing)?

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>