Quagga IS-IS (Re: Looking for information on IGP choices in dual-stack networks)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu Jun 11 08:33:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, 11 Jun 2015, Mark Tinka wrote:

> We run Quagga on Anycast servers (DNS, NTP, TACACS+, e.t.c.) using
> OSPFv2|v3, largely because Quagga's IS-IS support is terrible.

Quagga's IS-IS will get a lot better in the fall because funding has been
provided to fix things important to IETF HOMENET working group
requirements for IGP.

This will not fix things across the entire Quagga IS-IS code base, but
things should be substantially improved. If you're interested in improving
it further than that, do send some money to people capable of doing the
work, and have them do it.

Contact me off-list if you want more information.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se