Looking for information on IGP choices in dual-stack networks

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Jun 11 07:02:29 UTC 2015

On 10/Jun/15 02:59, Victor Kuarsingh wrote:

> I would agree with statements form Joel earlier with respect to cases
> where early vendor support may have influenced some network zones
> (inside a given AS) to support a different IGP (his case of OSPFv3 for
> devices which lacked IS-IS support is one I did face a few years back
> as well in the DC with respect to Load balancing  and Firewall devices).

Also, router CPU's were much slower then than they are now.

The IGP's have gotten a little more complex also, but by-and-large, are
still the same if you don't do "fancy things". So there would be a
certain amount of increase in scale that an IGP domain would support,
perhaps, regardless of which IGP is chosen.

Mark.