eBay is looking for network heavies...

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Thu Jun 11 02:01:29 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 7:57 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
[...]
> And this... is NANOG!

Needs more ellipses and capitalization...more like

This...IS...NANOG!!!

building up to a nice crescendo roar as you kick the
hapless interviewee backwards down the deep, dark well

On a slightly different note, however--while it's good to
have an appreciation of the past and how we got here,
I think it's wise to also recognize we as an industry
have some challenges bringing new blood in--and
treating it too much like a sacred priesthood with
cabalistic knowledge and initiation rites isn't going
to help us bring new engineers into the field to
take over for us crusty old farts when our eyes
give out and we can't type into our 9600 baud
serial consoles anymore.

Matt
CCOF #1999322002 [0]

[0] Certified Crufty Old Fart