Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Ray Soucy rps at maine.edu
Thu Jun 11 01:27:59 UTC 2015

I agree that some of the rhetoric should be toned down (go out for a beer
or something, guys ... I did).

There is a difference between fiery debate with Lorenzo and a witch hunt,
and some of this is starting to sound a bit personal.  I shouldn't have
worded things the way I did, I went for the cheap shot in one of those last
notes and that isn't really constructive.  I'm sorry.

I think for many this thread represents years of frustration, though, and
LC making the statements in the way he did made him a focal point for that
frustration.

The problem is there are many of us on the "front lines" trying to push for
IPv6 adoption outside the bubble of idealism and when people of great
influence like LC take positions like DHCPv6 isn't required it's like a
slap in the face to all that effort.

We really need to see Google and Android come on board with DHCPv6 support
and I'm interested in how we can help make that happen.

--
Ray Patrick Soucy
Network Engineer

T: 207-561-3526
F: 207-561-3531

MaineREN, Maine's Research and Education Network
www.maineren.net