Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Wed Jun 10 21:38:15 UTC 2015

In message <CALFTrnNyvWssFhEJYW8mRjmkYx6i=4nZO+6r7ns5+OU5UYG8eA at mail.gmail.com>
, Ray Soucy writes:
> The whole conversation is around 464XLAT on IPv6-only networks right?
> We're going to be dual-stack for a while IMHO, and by the time we can get
> away with IPv6 only for WiFi, 464 should no longer be relevant because
> we'll have widespread IPv6 adoption by then.

Or just support DS-Lite along with DHCPv6.

DS-Lite does not require its own IPv6 address.
464XLAT and DS-Lite both limit IPv4 packet sizes to less than native.
DS-Lite works with DNSSEC.  DNS64 doesn't.
DS-Lite doesn't require mucking with packet contents.
DS-Lite doesn't result in sites being unreachable just because the IPv6
instance is down which is a side effect of DNS64.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org