Lists of VPN exit addresses?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Jun 10 12:21:43 UTC 2015

> On Jun 10, 2015, at 8:08 AM, Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:
>

> On 10 Jun 2015, at 18:56, John Levine wrote:
>
>> I presume there is no need to explain why this would be of interest.
>
> To keep consumers who've legitimately purchased/rented/subscribed to content from accessing same when they travel internationally?
>
> Because as a regular international traveler, that's what springs to mind when I see requests like this.
>
> Another thought is governmentally-driven censorship, something else I encounter a lot in my travels.

I’ll just simplify this and say that the Tor Project publishes a list of its exit nodes so you can block these if your abuse/fraud requirements necessitate this.

https://check.torproject.org/cgi-bin/TorBulkExitList.py

If it’s for geolocation blocking, I’m in favor of these political limitations to go away.  It doesn’t take a genius to bypass these if that’s your intent.

- Jared