Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Lorenzo Colitti lorenzo at colitti.com
Wed Jun 10 03:06:40 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 6:56 AM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> At the end of the day, I see Androids refusal to implement DHCPv6 as about
> the same level of stupidity as Apple’s refusal to implement 464XLAT in iOS.

Based on the facts, you could could just as well say that Apple is trying
to advance the state of the art by refusing to provide suboptimal 464xlat
and insisting instead that developers support IPv6-only networks as
first-class citizens:

https://twitter.com/dteam69/status/608036976990797824

By the same token, you could argue that not supporting statful DHCPv6
address assignment advances the state of the art by trying to avoid
slipping back into a "one-address-per-device-NAT-required" world.