Looking for information on IGP choices in dual-stack networks

Victor Kuarsingh victor at jvknet.com
Wed Jun 10 00:59:19 UTC 2015

I/we (Philip and I) attempted to keep the question as generic as
possible, allowing folks to state the IGPs they use, in whichever
combination or in some cases (as we can see), more complex deployments.

I would agree with statements form Joel earlier with respect to cases
where early vendor support may have influenced some network zones
(inside a given AS) to support a different IGP (his case of OSPFv3 for
devices which lacked IS-IS support is one I did face a few years back as
well in the DC with respect to Load balancing  and Firewall devices).

The merger one was a new one for me, but it seems to reflect some
peoples reality.

regards,

Victor K