Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Jun 9 20:49:33 UTC 2015

On Tue, 09 Jun 2015 14:27:31 -0600, Joel Maslak said:
> Agreed - apparently the solution is to implement SLAAC + DNS advertisements
> *AND* DHCPv6.  Because you need SLAAC + DNS advertisements for Android, and
> you need DHCPv6 for Windows.
>
> Am I the only one that thinks this situation is stupid?

It's indeed sub-optimal.

But that situation is far from the stupidest thing we've inflicted on ourselves,
and we've more or less survived them.

(I'm sure that we all have our diverging lists of "3 things stupider than
SLACC/DHCPv6" - this industry is old enough now to have quite the closet full
of stupidity skeletons....)