Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

Doug Clements dclements at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 20:40:13 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Joel Maslak <jmaslak at antelope.net> wrote:

> Agreed - apparently the solution is to implement SLAAC + DNS advertisements
> *AND* DHCPv6.  Because you need SLAAC + DNS advertisements for Android, and
> you need DHCPv6 for Windows.
>
> Am I the only one that thinks this situation is stupid?

If you think this is stupid, look in to the situation for modern WiFi and
Android.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=17972
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=59502
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=62076

- No DFS Channel support in Nexus-branded units, due to Google's resistance
to certification.
- Most WPA2-Enterprise schemes are sullied with warnings about traffic
being monitored as a response to private CAs being installed.

Windows support for enterprise features is downright stellar in comparison.

--Doug