eBay is looking for network heavies...

Yardiel Fuentes yardiel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 01:26:25 UTC 2015

This discussion is always reminisced of questions such as: Why would I want
to learn Algebra or Calculus in college ? or why would I want to go to
college at all ? .. the student argues that calculus or college is hardly
ever used, if at all, in a job …  the most sensible perspective has always
been:  It is not only about the knowledge itself, but how learning those
subjects train your mind to tackle technical problems…same in networking…
Some of the best interview questions are those that pose a problem and ask
you to tackle it by explaining your train of thought…It requires both:
knowledge and how to apply it...

A simple example can be: What does the n*n or (n^2) problem represent in
BGP ? … Where does the n*n formula come from ? …. these questions can
trigger a technical interview conversation or Q&A…covering BGP-RR’s, BGP
confeds, etc etc…maybe H-VPLS … By the time the conversation is over, there
is a better grasp of someone’s understanding on networks …

Yardiel

--
Yardiel Fuentes