eBay is looking for network heavies...

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Sun Jun 7 04:47:34 UTC 2015

On 6/6/2015 05:43, shawn wilson wrote:
> My first thought on reading that was "who the hell cares if a person
> knows about internet culture". But than I had to reconsider - it's a
> very apt way of telling if someone read the right books :)
>
> I would also add Ritchie, Thompson, and Diffie to that list (since you
> ask about Larry, it's only appropriate).

I find it interesting that I have not note a mention of people like
Radia Pearlman and [name advancing years have stolen from me] that wrote
a 3 volume set (I think it was) (that I can not find in the
post-great-downsizing-bookshelves-disarray at the moment*).

*did a little Binging--Not W. Richard Stevens although the subconscious
thinks "steven" might have been the first name.

NO!  Douglas E. Comer "Internetworking with TCP/IP"
(Nice try subconscious!  Volume 3 is co-authored by David L. Stevens.)
--
sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Juvenal)