eBay is looking for network heavies...

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Sat Jun 6 00:45:42 UTC 2015

> On 06 Jun 2015, at 02:26, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 5, 2015, at 7:13 PM, John Fraizer <john at op-sec.us> wrote:
>>
>> Head of line for CCIE / JNCIE but knowledge and experience trumps a piece
>> of paper every time!
>
> Can you please put these at the back of the line?  My experience is that
> the cisco certification (at least) is evidence of the absence of actual
> troubleshooting skills.  (or my standards of what defines “expert” are
> different than the rest of the world).

Jared, don’t generalize.

True - there are people that are ‘paper’ CCIE/JNCIEs - but let’s not
start a rant unless you've met tens of CCIEs/JNCIEs and all of them
didn’t know a jack. About troubleshooting.

—
CCIE #15929 R&S/SP, CCDE #2012::17
(not that I’d know anything about troubleshooting of course)