WiFi courses/vendors recommendation

Josh Reynolds josh at spitwspots.com
Wed Jun 3 01:12:38 UTC 2015

If he's wanting to make a "metro/muni/variousterm" "wireless" network
though, he's very likely not going to be using "Wi-Fi" at all. Sure,
many of the products may have a WiFi PHY layer, but for outdoor PtMP
environments you're talking TDMA, not CSMA.

He would be better served by some RF Engineering and vendor specific
courses, IMO.

(Just my $0.02 as having spent quite a bit of time in the WISP industry,
who has watched these "metro/muni/variousterm" networks die over and
over and over again.)

Josh Reynolds
CIO, SPITwSPOTS
www.spitwspots.com