WiFi courses/vendors recommendation

labguy at gmail.com labguy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 01:06:42 UTC 2015

With respect to vendor neutral training I would suggest starting with CWNP
@ www.cwnp.com.

They specialize in providing vendor-neutral Wi-Fi training and
certification.  Instructor led training is available via certified training
partners.   In addition, there are study guides available for purchase.
CWTS (lvl 0) - Intro - terms & lingo
CWNA (lvl 1) - Wi-Fi 101
CWSP (lvl 2) - Wi-Fi Security
CWDP (lvl 2) - Wi-Fi Design
CWAP (lvl2) - Wi-Fi Protocol Analysis
CWNE (lvl3)....

I recommend completing some or all the CWNP training to understand how
Wi-Fi works.  Once you understand how Wi-Fi works, you'll know how to
design and configure a network to meet your design goals.  Next, complement
your vendor neutral training with applicable vendor specific training to
understand their interface and specific nuances.  Moving to another vendor
is just a matter of learning where the nerd knobs are for configuring their
product as you'll already know the fundamentals of Wi-Fi.

Kindest regards,
Troy

--
*Troy Martin* |  M 403.966.4370