Windows 10 Release

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Thu Jul 30 02:54:43 UTC 2015

> http://www.metzdowd.com/pipermail/cryptography/2015-July/026136.html

Which appears to be about 25% crap, 30% FUD, and the remainder consists
of concerns of varying levels of validity.

For privacy-minded individuals who are not interested in sharing lots
of stuff with Microsoft, there are install-time options to shut most of
that off.  Don't use "Express Settings."  Select "Customize settings"
and then turn most of the switches on the next two pages off.

The real issue is that lots of people will select the "express settings"
and then might have to do more work to undo the decisions made at this
step on their behalf.  I do think it is rotten that the defaults for
the options are all "on."

... JG