Level3 routing issues

James Baldwin jbaldwin at antinode.net
Wed Jul 29 18:27:03 UTC 2015

Since 7:30AM CDT Friday morning, we've seen strange problems across L3
where around 1-2% of traffic flows are dying. It is interesting behavior in
that new flows from the same source to the same destination work, however,
in the cases where the traffic is stopped we never receive the SYN-ACK nor
any of the retransmits. The destination side continues to receive the SYN
retransmits.