another tilt at the Verizon FIOS IPv6 windmill

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 21:59:59 UTC 2015

On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 06:45:43 -0400, Seth Mos <seth.mos at dds.nl> wrote:
> For now, all the customers with the Ubee in bridge mode are SOL. It's
> not clear what the reason is, but Ubee in bridge mode with IPv6 is
> listed on the road map. If that's intentional policy or that the
> firmware isn't ready yet is not clear at this point.

Even in bridge mode, it's router is still active (and consuming an address
-- which TWC eventually "fixed" by upping the number of allowed devices by
one.) In TWC-BC land, the customer has no access to the CPE, so we cannot
see anything beyond the login screen.

("user" -- non-priv account -- can be accessed on some of them, which is
how I know the router is still active, but I cannot do anything about it.)

The Arris DG1670A is passing IPv6 through properly. (I'm told it is "known
broken", but it's the *one* out of three that works.) The Arris CM820A --
used for their hotspot -- doesn't appear to work correctly; my (win7)
laptop got a DHCP ::/128 but then couldn't get anywhere. (IPv4 worked fine)

[For the record, TWC-BC hands out a /56 no matter what you ask for.]