another tilt at the Verizon FIOS IPv6 windmill

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 18:16:34 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Andrew Kirch <trelane at trelane.net> wrote:
> I had to beat up on AT&T quite a bit, but instead of letting them "make
> notes", escalate to tier-2 because you can't reach work.  Explain that you
> must have IPv6 to reach work to the tier-2.  If they won't help demand to
> be escalated further.  Your time on the phone costs them money.

it's fun to screw up their ARPU, but really... in the end, if they
don't want to be helpful to your cause / the intertubes, then why
contnue to give them duckets?

i don't see any hope for VZ nn this, sadly... and I bet ATT is taking
it's time doing something useful as well, because 'telco', and because
they have enough v4 that they don't HAVE to do anything yet. (they can
still roll out territories with v4 for a long while to come)

spend your money on providers that will do what you want... Also it's
good to recognize that your single link move from ATT -> comcast isn't
going to move the needle at ATT as far as 'gosh we really should care
about this now!'

-chris