another tilt at the Verizon FIOS IPv6 windmill

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 23:14:53 UTC 2015

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 06:25:26 -0400, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> mean that your UBee has to do dhcpv6? (or the downstream thingy from
> the UBee has to do dhcpv6?)

The Ubee "router" is in bridge mode. Customers have ZERO access to the
thing, even when it is running in routed mode. So I have no idea what it's
trying to do.  All I can say is no RAs are coming from it (through
it/whatever) It *could* be it's blocking it -- it's multicast, so who
knows what it's doing with it.  Without RAs, nothing connected to it will
even attempt IPv6 -- the RA being the indicator to use DHCP or not, and
who's the router.

And further, when I tell my Cisco 1841 to do DHCP anyway, I get no answer.

So, the blanket statement that "it's ready" isn't true.