SEC webpages inaccessible due to Firefox blocking servers with weak DH ciphers

Michael O Holstein michael.holstein at csuohio.edu
Fri Jul 17 19:14:17 UTC 2015

>making 99% of the web secure is better than keeping an old 1% working

A fine idea, unless for $reason your application is among the 1% .. nevermind the arrogance of the "I'm sorry Dave" sort of attitude.

As an example .. we have a vendor who, in the current release (last 3 months) still requires "weak" ciphers in authentication responses. That was mostly okay until another vendor (with more sense) wanted to auth the same way but only permitted strong ciphers.

My $0.02

Michael Holstein
Cleveland State University