AW: AW: Prefix-Hijack by AS7514

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Fri Jul 17 10:03:04 UTC 2015

On 17/Jul/15 11:46, Matsuzaki Yoshinobu wrote:
> Yes, I agree, and we have done that.  How about peering partners -
> which is our case this time.  Is it feasible to maintain strict
> inbound prefix filters for all peering relationships?

To be honest, not really.

Some countries I know do this for their exchange points. But
by-and-large, it is not scalable. Same goes for AS_PATH lists for peering.

One can be liberal at peering points but have max-prefix as a basic
protection mechanism (which is what we do).

Of course, IRR's are the other way to go.

Mark.