Dual stack IPv6 for IPv4 depletion

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Thu Jul 16 16:39:58 UTC 2015

Yeah wow 127/8, that one always amazed me, 16M addrs because it was
computationally cheap to test for ((0x7f & addr) == 0x7f).

I wonder what are the most 127.* addrs ever used by one site? I know
there are some schemes which blackhole to 127.0.0.n incrementing n so
the number of hits on each blackhole can be counted separately (more
or less) but 16M? I doubt even 254 were used in those schemes very
often.

WWWT? (What Were We Thinking?)

Oh well water under the bridge.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada