Remember "Internet-In-A-Box"?

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Thu Jul 16 05:59:14 UTC 2015

* Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com>

> > On Jul 15, 2015, at 08:57 , Matthew Kaufman <matthew at matthew.at> wrote:
> > This is only true for dual-stacked networks. I just tried to set up
> > an IPv6-only WiFi network at my house recently, and it was a total
> > fail due to non-implementation of relatively new standards...
> > starting with the fact that my Juniper SRX doesn't run a load new
> > enough to include RDNSS information in RAs, and some of the devices
> > I wanted to test with (Android tablets) won't do DHCPv6.
>
> That’s a pretty old load then, as I’ve had RDNSS on my SRX-100 for
> several years now.

Interesting. Which JUNOS version are you running, exactly?

According to Juniper's web site, RDNSS support showed up in JUNOS 14.1,
which isn't available for the SRX series (nor is any later version).

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos15.1/topics/reference/configuration-statement/dns-server-address-edit-protocols-router-advertisement.html

Tore