Dual stack IPv6 for IPv4 depletion

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Thu Jul 16 00:13:52 UTC 2015

Jared Mauch wrote:

> This isn’t really a giant set of naysayers IMHO, but there is enough embedded logic in devices that it doesn’t make that much sense.

Enough to scuttle all previous drafts.

> linux

a little google comes up with this

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linux/kernel/866043

It defies reason to compare that kind of update to ipv6.

> various *bsd flavors

> That effort would need to have everyone moving in the same direction now which seems unlikely.
>
> - Jared

All I ever wanted to see was that the (minimal) effort was made
possible. No guarantee of its success should be required for that. Even now.

Because by doing so, you guarantee failure.

Joe